Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Obama Mocks Tea Parties

Thought I was going to post about the swine flu, didn't you? Quite frankly, swine flu doesn't scare me, and it is primarily a health problem and not a political one, or so it shouldn't be. This is just a little blurb to let you all know that Obama has officially acknowledged that the tea parties exist. So, what does he do? He mocks them, of course! Why wouldn't he, as from the sounds of it in this clip, he has no real idea of the reasons behind the protestors.



These tea parties aren't about health care and social security, and if you really want to know how the government could fix these, it could do so by just stepping aside. Anyway, the protestors are more concerned about Obama's stimulus plans, devaluing the dollar, the invasion of our privacy, the stripping away of our inalienable rights, and just Big Government, or Big Brother, in general.

I actually didn't expect him to acknowledge the tea parties, really. I thought standing around and waving signs and tea bags was just a gimmick to make you feel good about being so rebellious and patriotic while not requiring any real work. Tea parties can be easily ignored.

Example, if I'm upstairs writing, or maybe even drawing, and someone is outside waving a sign that reads, "Drop your pencil now!" there's a good chance that I won't. After all, that person won't stop me, they wouldn't dare. They just don't have it in them to run into my house, yank the pencil from my fingers, and set my ambitious *cough* works ablaze. Americans, we've lost our spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment